This week on the Digital Coffee ☕️
Question of the day: Do follower counts matter?
🚧Firefox blocks Google Analytics trackers (and more)
🏃♀️Facebook stories now have slomo and it’s fun
👍Facebook tweak their algorithm
Add multiple Twitter accounts on Desktop
- So helpful for social media managers
- Up to 5 accounts just like Insta
Facebook algorithm update to prioritise pages we care about
- Didn’t it always do this?
- New survey data used to asses this
- 1) how interested they are in content from a specific Page they follow, and
- 2) how important a specific group they’ve joined is to them.
Twitter makes it easier to share via DM
- People you regularly DM will pop up when you hit share icon
- Even Twitter knows private messaging is a thing
Firefox browser blocks cookies and tracking
- No more Facebook pixel (we can use Facebook audiences)
- No more Google Analytics … super annoying
- But good for privacy
- Shows Firefox is committed to privacy at a time we are seeing so many companies fail.
- It’s rolling out to users by default
- Small number of people use Firefox but will other browsers follow if people migrate to Firefox?
LinkedIn to highlight great ads
- Great content marketing for getting more ad clients
Instagram branded content ads
- Advertise content from creators
- They give access to brand
- Great way for brand to measure influencer campaigns
Is Facebook about to launch a cryptocurrency?
- After blocking crypto ads for so long…
- Employees will be able to take their salary in the currency
- There will be ATMs
- I…. don’t think I like this. I don’t want Facebook owning money
Facebook stories now have slomo
- Works on personal and page
- Great for highlighting a moment of interest