This week on the Digital Coffee ☕️
Question of the day: Have you used YouTube ads?
💀Is the death of the Facebook Pixel imminent?
🤖Insta could send users warnings about follow growth apps
🕵️♀️New(ish) profile privacy tools from Facebook
The death of the Facebook pixel?
- Happening in the coming months
- Delete all data and tell Facebook they don’t want this stuff being collected
- Great for privacy not great for us
- We’ll be forced to use Facebook collected audiences more
BumperMachine from YouTube makes 6 second bumper ads for you
- Automatically creates a 6 second ad from a longer video ad
- YouTube advertising is becoming more popular
- It won’t just be a machine, there will be human intervention too
View ads being run by an Instagram account
- Just like Facebook
New photo carousel format on Facebook
- Shows more photo, carousel number and reactions
- Visual first, text demoted
- Very Instagram
Insta about to tell users when they use banned apps
- In their war against the bots
- Looks like they will be messaging or alerting users who use tools to automate follow activity
- Good thing 😀
- Messages include:
- “You may have shared your username and password with an app offering likes or followers. Using these apps goes against our %s, and continuing to do so may result in your account being further impacted.”
- “Change your password to stop these apps accessing your account.”
- Using Apps to Gain Followers Isn’t Allowed”
Facebook adding back profile security features
- View as public
- Edit public information
- Help us have more control over our account
Instagram direct messaging app discontinued
- Did you know they had one?
- Was only available in Chile, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Turkey and Uruguay
- Is this because of the messenger integration?
Another New LinkedIn layout on the way
- Only slightly different
- Puts focus on Message
- Need to re-size your headers again