Question of the day: What would make Twitter better
Twitter mute comments
- Hide replies that don’t contribute to the conversation
- Experiment rolling out in June
- Original poster has control
- “Could help encourage people to present their thoughts and opinions in a more polite and less abusive fashion”
- If you hide the tolls it could stop it turning into a troll fest
The future of twitter, follow topics
- “He suggested that the service works best as an “interest-based network,” where you log in and see content relevant to your interests, no matter who posted it — rather than a network where everyone feels like they need to follow a bunch of other accounts, and then grow their follower numbers in turn.”
- I get the followers thing but…
- We need to follow people to have conversations, the algorithm works great at facilitating this.
Facebook and Engagement baiting in video
- Update to existing policy
- No asking for a share
- No spammy asking for comments
- No asking for reactions
- No askign for a tag
- This stuff needs to happen organically
- Knock on effect for chatbots… maybe
- Update 1/30/19: Starting today, we will be demoting videos which contain engagement bait in the audio.
Instagram is testing hiding like count
- First reaction from me – how will I know a post is doing well when looking for examples
- But could stop the bots
Instagram is testing hiding like count from audiences,
as stated in the app: "We want your followers to focus on what you share, not how many likes your posts get" pic.twitter.com/MN7woHowVN
— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) April 18, 2019
Messenger gets rid of it’s codes
- Use QR codes instead
- Unbuild QR reader on iPhone
- Inbuilt QR reader in Facebook app
- Why do this? Were people not using or understanding them?
- Facebook story guide
- LinkedIn B2B video guide
Tool of the week:
- 1 Minute Voice Warmup
Get your Instant-Access Training Pass
Could you be getting more ROI from your digital marketing? Find out with instant access to my step-by-step training session.
Complete the form and I'll send you your free training pass.