More ads on Facebook livestreams
- Previously ads in live streams were only available in gaming streams
- Now coming to pre-vetted entertainment, news and sports partners
- Will include pre-roll ads, image under video ads and mid-roll ads that play on the main screen as live continues playing in a small window
- Advertisers can choose to block creators whose live streams they don’t want their ads on. This is something businesses have to think about a lot more now in our divided world.
- I hate all but the image under the video. Is this the only way creators can monetise?
- Don’t you hate it too?
Facebook workshops for Group Admins
- Series of events on the Facebook Community Page
- One a month scheduled until September on topics from managing your group, managing conflict, hosting events and engagement
No more switching Facebook Group privacy
- Admins have used switching a group temporarily to public as a tactic to grow a group
- It exposes conversations that users would have considered private
- Now when you switch to private there’s no going back
- Except… admins will have 72 hours to change their mind
Twitter ‘revise’ prompt
- Activated when users tweet with language that often gets flagged.
- Help you think before you tweet
- It would be nice to have this as an option for all tweets as social media managers could check spelling etc
- How. Many times have you written and deleted a tweet?
Twitter may make it harder to see RT and Like Count
- Tweet suggests that action buttons will be hidden behind the reply prompt
- Will this mean less likes and more replies?
- Following the lead from Instagram but not quite so harsh.
Instagram are testing new fonts for stories
- Official news from Instagram
- Testing with a small group of people first
- Easier to stand out by choosing a ‘brand font’
- More options to create in Instagram rather than using 3rd party tools
- Do you have them?
Snapchat fundraising filer featuring Damien Hirst
- Artist who used to create spin designs
- You can put yourself in front of a spin paint background
- Or you can create your own spin design in a room (I couldn’t get this to work)
- Prompt to donate to charity when you use the filter
- Snapchat have been about art for a long time, could this change their image
- Users will be prompted to donate to charity once they’ve used it
- There will be a story displaying all the art works
- Is Damien Hirst relevant to Snapchat users?