This week on the Digital Coffee
📚You’ll soon be able to crosspost stories from Facebook to Instagram
🔎Study shows which video platforms are growing for business
👋Goodbye messenger explore
Facebook test crossposting to Insta Stories
- More integration
- For profiles only possibly
- Good news for Facebook focused businesses
- Are Facebook doing this to convert more users
More outbound linking on TikTok
- But not to your website
- Link to Wikipedia, Trip Advisor, Yelp from a post
- Give context or showcase reviews
- Trip Advisor could be good for tourism biz
- Or for influencers who are showcasing tourism biz
- Yelp the same
- Wiki for context
- Interested to see how this plays out
Messenger desktop app for Mac
- Good for remote workers (on Mac in selected regions)
- Work and video conference at the same time
- But multitasking is bad
- Will I use it? NO, too distracting. Would you?
Slimline messenger hides discover tab
- I never looked, did you?
- Bad for chatbots but how bad?
Restrict multiple users at once on Instagram
- When restricted accounts post comments only they can see them
- Now select a number of comments and restrict the accounts all at the same time
Android users can now pin Twitter lists
- iOS have been able to since September
- What lists will you create/pin?
- Customer lists, news sources, competitors, what else?
Study – Facebook Stories & YouTube on the rise for marketers
- Animoto report
- 44% of consumers surveyed watched stories on Facebook
- 59% of marketers are running YouTube ads
- 46% of marketers landed a client because of a video on YouTube