This week on the Digital Coffee
Question: Do you watch IGTV?
😡Where has Facebook scheduling gone?
🤔Facebook change the way they calculate Impressions
📝Are Instagram lists on the way
Instagram removing filters that suggest plastic surgery
- Announcement from Spark AR the platform for creating your now Instagram filters
- Removing effects associated with plastic surgery from the Instagram Effect Gallery
- Postponing approval of new effects associated with plastic surgery until further notice
- Continuing to remove policy-violating effects as they are identified
- ‘Policy relating to well-being.’
Facebook changing how it calculates organic impressions
- Impressions not reach so most of us won’t notice
- Changing the window in which they calculate
- Hopefully more info soon
- Rolling out now (Oct 17 – 28)
Where has Facebook post scheduling gone?
- Disappearing from desktop and mobile
- Facebook pushing us to use Creator Studio (under publishing tools on your Page)
Facebook news feed launching today?
- Tab like watch with curated news
- Curated by real journalists (they advertised the position)
- Combat fake news??
Facebook grey verification badges being removed
- Verified small business
- To prove Page authenticity going forward, Facebook recommends Page Admins make sure their Page profile is complete with up-to-date information, a profile picture and correct contact information. It also encourages Page owners post regularly since an active Page shows the company is still in business.
- Facebook users didn’t know what they were for
- Looks like you can create a series (like a playlist) and link to it
- People can subscribe and get notifications when you post a new episode
- Once you finish one episode you’ll be prompted to watch the next
- Very YouTube!
- Automatic lists filtered by topic or engagement
- Easy to unfollow those you don’t engage with
- And see who is into what you are
- Will you be able to filter your feed and share with select groups of people?
Snapchat launches dynamic ads
- For e-commerce
- Upload your product catalogue and it will identify what people look at on your site and serve ads based on that (Like Facebook and Insta)
- Great for targeting a younger demographic
- Competition for Insta / Pinterest
- Have your passwords been compromised?