A topic that constantly comes up in the blogging groups and forums I belong to is the use of images.
What images can you use? Is there anywhere you can get photos for free? What size of image should you share? How do you make Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest see your images and ensure the right ones are shared.
Finding and creating images for your blog is the topic of this weeks podcast. Listen below:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- Avoid using generic stock images
- Never steal images from Google search for your blog posts
- Use PhotoPin to find creative commons licenced images
- Search free stock photo sites
- Use Canva to create image templates
Key Image Sizes:
Facebook & Twitter: 1200 x 627
Pinterest: 735 x 1102
Tools & Resources
- Free stock images from Pixabay
- Free stock images from Raumrot
- Free stock images from Hubspot
- Free stock images from Unsplash
- PhotoPin Creative Commons Image Search Engine
- Canva – Create images and templates for your blog and social media
- Enabling Rich Article Pinterest Pins with Yoast
- Enabling Twitter Cards on your blog with Yoast
- Picmonkey – photo editing tool (affiliate link)
- ShortPixel – For optimising your images for the web (and SEO)
This Week’s Blogging Challenges:
Challenge 1: Find at least one stock photo site you are happy with
Challenge 2: Set up templates for both Facebook/Twiter and Pinterest in canva
Challenge 3: Optimise all images so they don’t effect my page load speed
Do Facebook ads make you tear your hair out? Let us manage your Facebook ads for you. We'll save you time and improve results. Get A Quote Now.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.