Have you ever wondered how your page compares to those of your competitors on Facebook? You may not be able to see how many people view their posts or how much money they spend on advertising but you can see some headline stats using the ‘Pages to watch’ feature in Facebook insights.
[Tweet “What is working for popular Facebook pages and what isn’t?”]
You can compare the following stats to those of your competitors:
- Total page likes
- New page likes (percentage increase or decrease on the previous week)
- Number of posts by the page in the last week
- Engagement in the last week
In this video I show you how to add Pages To Watch to your Facebook Insights:
This is a really useful way to keep yourself motivated on Facebook. Having someone to beat will keep you working hard on your page.
It’s also a good way to keep an eye on what is working for popular pages and what isn’t working for others.
It is nice to see our page likes soar above our competitors, to know our engagement rate is winning but Facebook marketing is about more than that.
You need to take your stats with a pinch of salt and answer the following questions:
- Are the people who visit and engage with your page your ideal customers?
- Are people clicking the links to your website and if they do are they taking action on your site? Are they getting in touch? Subscribing to your email list? Buying your product?
Are customers asking you questions either on your page or via direct messages?
Over to you
How does your page compare to your competitors?
Have you learnt any tricks from other Facebook pages?
Do you have a goal for your Facebook marketing?
Master Social Media one day at a time with the We Teach Social Kindle book I co-authored.