As a blogger you should always be keen to get your blog out to a wider audience and this means getting your posts shared.
There are a few things you can do to increase shares:
- Share it yourself on all relevant social networks
- Add sharing buttons to your website so it makes it easy for other people to share
- Join bloggers groups on Facebook, Google+ and Linkedin
- Engage with others on Twitter and share content from people with a similar audience.
- Comment on other blogs within your business area
If you are doing all these things already you might want to take a look at this weeks cool tool ‘Viral Content Bee‘ to push your blog out even further.
Viral content bee has two advantages:
- You will find some interesting content that you might otherwise miss that you can share with your social media followers
- You will be able to get your content shared further
What is Viral Content Bee?
Viral content bee is a sharing network that relies on social currency. Every time you share an article from the site you earn points. You can use these points to get others to share your content.
Here’s a quick tutorial to show you how it works:
Is there a downside?
I had stayed away from tools like this in the past as I wasn’t sure of the value of those shares. If you put a few simple rules in place you will get the most out of this tool:
- Read the articles you are sharing on social media
- Share content on the most relevant networks. You can share on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Stumbleupon. Make sure you are sharing content that is relevant to your followers on these networks. If you don’t you risk loosing your own following.
- Thank people who share your content. Go out of your way to thank the people who are sharing your posts from Viral Content Bee. Try to make a personal connection with them and you will buildnew relationships with content creators.
Would you use a tool like Viral Content Bee to increase the reach of your content? What might stop you? Have you seen benefits from using it in the past? I’d like to hear your thoughts?
Dee Sewell says
I’m not sure what to make of viral content buzz… as much as I’d like to reach a bigger audience with my blog, the thought of taking on another tool seems quite exhausting! Handy to know about though and keep tucked in the mind. Well done for all your researching!
Amanda Webb says
I know where you are coming from. These tools can seem overwhelming sometimes. I’m very focussed on getting an international audience so it works really well for me. If you are going to spend time on it though you’d want to know you were reaching the right people.
Lorna Sixsmith says
Thanks for this Amanda, I’ve been meaning to try it out since you mentioned it. Sounds like a win win – in that your content will be shared more but it is also a useful tool for finding good content. I look forward to trying it out.
Ann Smarty says
Thanks for the great review and video, Amanda! You are awesome!
Ann Smarty says
See you there, Lorna! Please let me know what you think once you are there! I have a strong feeling we need to optimize new user experience!
Ann Smarty says
Hey Dee, we do have some PRO tools that would make your life easier. For example, you can auto-submit projects using your blog RSS feed (and we’ll handle all the further steps!) I hope you’ll find time to give us a try!
Worldwide * Rent A Luxury Property Starting @ $75 Daily * Rent Your Property To Tourists – http://LuxuryVacationHomes.wix.com/home