Had you noticed that when some people comment on blog posts that a little picture or Avatar appears next to their name? Have you ever wondered how you can add your own profile pic to your posts? Gravatar allows you to do this by following a few simple steps.
Last week we showed you how to get an API for your WordPress.org blog. If you did this you have already set up a WordPress.com account, if not you can follow the instructions from last weeks post to get one.
Once you have your WordPress.com account go to the Gravatar Website.
– Click ‘Log in’ on the top left hand side.
– Use your WordPress.com account details to log in.
– Click the ‘add one by clicking here’ to add your profile image
– Choose where you wish to upload your image from and select your image, the image size doesn’t matter at the moment as you will be asked to crop it at the next stage.
– Once uploaded you can crop your image to size
– Next you will be prompted to rate your image for your audience… I think this one is a G 🙂
– Now your Gravatar will automatically update both your WordPress.com and WordPress.org accounts (as long as you have linked them with an API)
– You can add as many images as you like and alternate on a regular basis
– Now whenever you post a comment your picture will appear next to it
Next week we will be reporting on some of the WordPress plugins discussed at the KLCK Bloggers Network meeting.