Is your blog memorable? When people visit it for the second time to they recognise where they are? If you aren’t sure this episode of the Blogcentric podcast is for you.
I’ve developed a loose visual style guide for my blog over time but it’s time for me to formalise it. Having consistent visuals on your blog will:
- Make you more memorable to readers.
- Make you appear more trustworthy. There’s a reason people keep going back to their favourite big brands and that’s often because they are recognisable wherever we find them.
Listen below and discover:
- A four-step process for creating a visual style guide
- How to find colour codes for your business to use on the web and in design
- Where to find and choose fonts for your business
- How to implement your visual style guide
Resources mentioned in this post:
- My post on INBOUND 2015 (Including visual style guide tips)
- Web Developer plugin for Chrome (see below for video on how it works)
- Canva For Work
- Google fonts
How To Find Or Choose Your Brand Colours With Web Developer For Chrome
Download the visual style guide template and create a guide for your blog.
Don’t forget to follow me @spiderworking on Periscope for updates on my blogging challenge progress.
If you enjoy this podcast please do me a massive favour and give me a review on iTunes, Stitcher or leave me a comment on this post. I’d love to hear your blogging stories and how you are getting on with my blogging challenges.
Do Facebook ads make you tear your hair out? Let us manage your Facebook ads for you. We'll save you time and improve results. Get A Quote Now.