Photographs and images are hugely important in social media marketing. An eye catching image can make all the difference to weather someone clicks through to view your blog post or notices your updates on Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest. With such a huge amount of images being shared it can be hard to stand out and that’s where this weeks cool tool ‘Color Splash‘ comes in.
It’s a mobile app available for both iOS and Android and it helps you highlight a section of your image in colour, the results are quite extraordinary.
This is a paid app but at $1.99 it’s really worth it.
Here’s how it works (I’m demonstrating on the iOS for iPhone app):
- Download the app
- Choose ‘Load photo’ from the menu
- Upload the photograph you want to work on
- The app will automatically turn your picture black and white, you can now re-add the colour with your finger on the screen. This bit is fun, it’s like a grown up clouring book!
- Don’t worry too much about going over the edges as this can be fixed later
- You can change your brush (finger) size by clicking the paint brush on the top right hand side and zoom in by clicking ‘Pan & Zoom on the bottom left hand side. Switch back to colour by clicking ‘Color’ on the bottom middle menu.
- If you have gone over the lines a bit you can switch to ‘Gray’ on the bottom toolbar to correct your errors.
- Once you have finished simply click the icon on the top left hand side of the screen and select ‘save image’. It will save to your camera roll.
There are lots of other tricks you can use with this app and it’s got some quite useful user guides that are worth checking out.
If you are a Twitter newbie or are nervous of getting started sign up for my A Beginners Guide To Twitter online course starting on 15th July 2013. More info here.