Almost a month a go we asked you if there was something about social media that you didn’t know yet. The response has been massive so a big thank you to all of you who have contributed so far.
This weeks question is from Claire at Workhouse Studios who is creating a customised tab for her Facebook Page and wants to include an image.
I have created a new box on my Facebook page www.facebook.com/WorkhouseStudios.
I am not too sure how to insert pictures into the box (my html knowledge is quite basic).
There are two solutions to this problem.
1. Create a Static FBML tab
– Upload your image online somewhere, if you have your own website you can upload it to your hosting space, alternatively use a service such as Photobucket.
– Next create a custom tab using the Static FBML application.
– Click ‘Add to my page’ on the left hand side of the application page.
– Choose the page you want to add the application to.
– Go back to your page
– Click ‘Edit page’
– Choose ‘Applications’ from the sidebar menu
– Click ‘Go to application’ under ‘Static FBML’
Now you can add simple HTML to this box linking to the image and including a click through to your website if necessary.
Copy and paste the code below, replacing the link fields with the link you want to send people to when they click the image (delete href=”http://www.link_you_want_to_send_people_to_when_they_click.com if you don’t want a click through)
And the link to the image you uploaded.
2. Use PageLever
If you just want to upload one simple image use PageLever.
Add the application to your page following the same steps as above for Static FBML.
When you access the application from your page it takes you through the simple steps to uploading an image and creating your tab.