Video blogging can be a great way to drive traffic to your site, It’s also a quick and easy way of updating your blog.
Or maybe you have spotted a video on YouTube that you would like to share with your readers. How do you get a YouTube video to show on your WordPress.org blog?
Follow the steps below:
- For the default theme:
- On the right hand side toolbar find
- Click ‘Log in.’
- Enter your user name and password.
- You will be directed to your blog dashboard.
- On the top right hand side of the screen click ‘New Post’
- On the next screen give your post a title in the box under the heading ‘Add New Post’
- On the right hand side click the ‘HTML’ tab
- Open YouTube in another browser (internet explorer) window or tab.
- Select the video you want to embed.
- On the right hand side of the screen select the text from the embed box:
- Copy the text
- Go back to your blog post page
- Paste the text into the post (underneath the tool bar)
- Add any text or comments you wish to make underneath the video code.
- When you are ready to publish the post either preview it or publish it using the buttons on the right hand side of the screen:
Good luck. We’ll look forward to seeing some of your video blogs soon.
This really doesn’t work 🙁
What issue are you having with it? It works for me I use it weekly.
There’s a slightly easier way in recent versions of WordPress including the current 3.0. Simply paste the YouTube url into the visual editor. No need for lengthy embed code.
PS – “Attempt to automatically embed all plain text URLs” must be turned on in Settings – Media.
Thanks Leon, I did not know that!