Facebook seems to be changing at a rapid rate recently and it can be hard to keep up with all the new features. Here are four that we have noticed recently:
1. Upload your mailing list contacts
It’s always been frustrating that in the past you have only been able to invite friends to ‘Like’ your page. Facebook have recently added a new feature that allows you to upload your mailing list contacts and suggest your page to them. This should see more people outside your usual social circle joining your page.
– To enable this feature click ‘Edit page’ underneath your logo.
– Choose ‘Marketing’ from the left hand side menu.
– Select ‘Tell my fans’
– From this window you can upload a CSV of your contact list. Most mailing list softwares will allow you to download a CSV file of your contacts. If you are using Excel to manage your list you can choose to save it as a CSV or Comma Seperated Values file by clicking ‘Save as’ and selecting CSV from the drop down menu.
– Facebook also allows you to search your email account for contacts that are on Facebook.
– Once you have uploaded your contacts you can send them an invitation to ‘Like’ your page.
– Do make sure you have permission from your list to send them updates otherwise this could be considered as spam.
2. Post insights
You may have noticed that post insights have started appearing on your page. Only visable to page admins these stats show you how many times that post has been viewed on Facebook (Impressions) and what percentage of those views have taken action on the post (feedback). These could prove handy statistics for knowing what kind of content provokes the best response.
3. Delete originating page admins
Facebook requires a business page to be attached to a personal profile in order to get full functionality. Up until recently if you were the page originator – the person who set up the page, it was impossible to remove you as an admin. This meant that if the page originator moved on there was no way of separating them from the page. Facebook have recently rectified this by allowing any admin to be removed.
– To remove an admin click ‘Edit page’ under your logo.
– Choose ‘Manage Admins’ from the left hand sidebar and click ‘X’ next to the admin you want to remove.
Be careful though, there is a glitch that means that all admins can be removed from a page meaning no one can get back in to edit it.
4. Change the name of your page
Up until recently once you had set the name of your page you couldn’t change it. Recently Facebook has allowed pages with less than 100 ‘Likes’ to change their names.
– Click ‘Edit page’ under the logo when viewing your page
– Click ‘Basic information’ in the left hand sidebar. Select the name of your page and change it to the new name.
Have you noticed any new Facebook features that you would like to share? Leave a comment below to let us know.