5 hashtags on Instagram?
Hashtags are the glue that sticks Instagram together. But how many should you use?
This week Instagram shocked the social media world by suggesting, via their creator account, that you should use 3 – 5 tags on each post.
Marketers disagree, many who analyse their tags have found that more tags mean more reach and more followers.
So the jury is out, maybe this is signalling a future algorithm update but for now don’t change a thing.
Facebook ‘Work Accounts’
Many Facebook page owners are finding the shared accounts they use to log in are being shut down and the pages deleted.
Shared accounts were always against Facebook’s T&Cs and it seems Facebook has gotten better at identifying these fake profiles.
And yet, they seem to have just realised you shouldn’t have to have a Facebook personal profile to manage a page. In an article this week they talked about upcoming Work accounts.
Work accounts will give people the option to manage pages and ads through a special ‘work’ account, disconnected from their regular Facebook.
5 Facebook & Instagram updates
1. When you create a click to message ad the message button will soon be dynamic, showing either Messenger, Instagram Direct or WhatsApp depending on which version the user is most likely to click.
2. You’ll soon be able to add a WhatsApp button to Instagram
3. Add a ‘Request a quote’ button to your pages. It will trigger a series of questions in messenger so you’ll be better able to quote.
4. Lead gen ads on Instagram, no need to send people off-platform to get them to complete a form (plus you can retarget those who engage with your form).
5. Manage emails in the Business Suite inbox and send remarketing emails from there.
Paid events on LinkedIn
What if you could set up an event, sell tickets and host it all without leaving LinkedIn?
It looks like LinkedIn are working on something that will let you do just that.
If they launch it, this could be a far better place to host business events than Facebook.
Twitter video quality upgrade
Had you noticed that the quality of videos played on Twitter can be a little ropey? A little hazy or pixelated?
Twitter has stepped in to fix the issue. Just over a week ago they announced that the videos should look better
Have you noticed?
TikTok add auto-captions
Do you consider accessibility when you post on social media? It’s becoming more important that you do. Surprisingly, TikTok is innovating fast in this area.
This week they launched their auto caption function for videos. Creators will be able to add and edit captions for their videos.
Previously they have added features for photosensitivity, and text to speech for those with hearing difficulties.
Twitter spaces topics for Android
If you run a Twitter space, getting discovered by the right people is important.
A new feature for Android users only (at the moment), is allowing hosts to add up to three topic tags to their spaces.
There are only 10 topics to choose from at the moment but Twitter say that they will soon add more.