This week on the Digital Coffee
Question: Do you use filters on Instagram?
🤯Facebook change their mind about WhatsApp ads
🔼Uploading to IGTV just got easier
🤳Are Insta filters over?
TikTok Self Serve Ads Are Here
- Apply for access
- Limited categories for your business to fit into (I want with training)
- Having influencers or recognizable faces featured in ads or making ads that feature a hashtag challenge helps drive engagement.
- Any type of ad featuring content that seems native to TikTok performs better, he found.
- TikTok working on creator marketplace so you can partner with influencers
- It’s early days, not as robust as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn ads
Uploading to IGTV just got easier
- Upload like a regular video
- Gives you option to add to IGTV
- Will this make more people use it?
- Also removing IGTV button as people rarely use it – Now find in feed, explore, profiles or the IGTV app
- Is there a future for IGTV?
The story behind the removal of Instagram likes
- Adam Mosseri head of Insta – used to be in charge of Facebook Newsfeed
- Removal of likes named ‘Project Daisy’
- “Concerned about the unanticipated consequences of Instagram as approval arbiter.”
- Black Mirror (see Netflix) effected him
- “A post’s achievement of “thousands of likes” or “tens of thousands of likes” might still be public.”
Facebook decide not to do WhatsApp ads afterall
- 2 weeks ago we talked about the introduction of WhatsApp ads
- Reports on Monday starting with the Wall Street Journal say that the WhatsApp team is dispanded
- Will probably try again…
Twitter wants your input into the Explore feed
- Tweet from the product designer Martin Craster
Lots of helpful comments from what people love and hate in the Explore tan
- Makes you feel like Twitter cares
- Social media is a great place for getting ideas and feedback
- How can you foster this?
- Ask for ideas for content
- Ask for help
- What else?
Filters are so over
- Report suggests filters will decrease likes
- “Perceived by other users as an ingenuine behavior because it reflects the intent to only present the ideal depiction of self.
- Definite trend away from filters and enhanced images
- Are you ready to go filterless?
Superpower – Canned Emails
- Stolen from Ann Handley’s newsletter
- Quick short email responses for all occasions
- Great for saving time and avoiding procrastination
- “Schedule phone call” – “Subject: Call this week?
Let’s get on a short call to talk about [ INSERT WHAT YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT ]
What’s your availability like this week?
Thanks. I’m looking forward to our discussion!
Grab your FREE instant access ticket for The Fabulous Festive Marketing Masterclass
Find Out How This Year Can Be The Year You Smash Your Holiday Sales Targets