This week on the Digital Coffee
Question: Where do people prefer to watch stories? Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat?
🤔New Interactive Facebook ads
⚡Fabulous Facebook Live Features
🤹Buff up your LInkedIn profile with skills tests
Verify Your Skills On LinkedIn with Tests
- Skills Assessments: short, multiple-choice tests that users can take to verify their knowledge in areas like computer languages, software packages and other work-related skills.
- It will verify what you say you can do
- All very software and programming based at the moment
- If you don’t pass you don’t have to share results
- If you pass you get a badge you can add to your profile
- Retake tests every year
- If you fail you have to wait 3 months to take it again
- Will hook into the searching for an expert we mentioned last week maybe?
New Chat posts coming to personal Facebook accounts
- On profiles
- Encouraging more direct messaging – a focus for Facebook
- How are you utilising direct messaging?
- Encourage WhatsApp like use.
- On pages we could use it like the Insta chat feature for top customers or for customer feedback
Snapchat 3D Stickers
- Like Facebook 3D photos but better
- Snapchat proving their stickers are the best
- Snapchat also echoing lots of TikTok features
New Facebook Live Features WooHooo
- Rehearsal – Broadcast to page admins and editors only
- Trimming (we talked about before)
- Max length now 8 hours (with replay unlike continuous stream)
- Watch party – Users 8x more likely to comment on a watch party than when watching alone
- Schedule watch party
- Proper replay with comments on watch parties
- More stats for watch party
Google Search Will Select Sections Of Videos
- Search will show snippet that answers your questions
- Creators will need to timestamp their videos for their tips to appear here
- More views but shorter views?
- Thumbnails will appear under video so you can find the best bit
New Pinterest Lens Features
- Save photos from lens and save as pin
- Great for shopping in real life
- Use lens to zoom in on specific items in pin and get stoppable tags and prices
New Interactive Poll Ads On Facebook
- ‘We are now bringing video poll ads to Facebook mobile Feed’
- Video + 2 option poll + link to website/store
- Eye catching
- Because they engaged they may continue to engage
- Will be an interesting test
Which Stories are people watching the most?
- 275 people in the US
- 70% prefer Facebook stories
- Possibly due to massive audience
- Small sample set and US… wonder how that translates elsewhere
- Related words: https://relatedwords.org