This week on the Digital Coffee ☕️
Question: Do you still like new Facebook pages?
💬Facebook are getting rid of advertising to page fans
🎉Instagram engagement rates are down
🛎️New focus options for Insta Stories
Instagram anti-bully features
- Warning ‘We’re asking users to rethink comments that are similar to others that have been reported’
- Restrict mode: Comments from restricted person only visible to you and them – they won’t know.
Facebook to take a cut of fan subscriptions
- Facebook’s rival to Patreon also applies to groups (as far as I can see)
- Not available here
- Facebook will take 30% which is harsh!
Instagram Engagement Rates Down
- A slow curve but down
- Will decrease as the network grows
- Just like Facebook…
- Report doesn’t include stories
New Facebook apps
- Consumer apps
- apps will change very rapidly and will be shut down if we learn that they’re not useful to people.
- So things like the apps they’ve tested before. Groups? Kids etc
- A kinda beta testing
Are Facebook depreciating advertising to fans of your page?
- Instead you’ll be prompted to target people who engage with your page
- Are Likes worthless now?
- Use other custom audiences to get engagement instead
Pin Twitter lists
- Like last week’s test putting new focus on lists
- Pn favourite lists to the top of your lists…
- These will be the ones you’ll be able to swipe to
- Make conversations easier
- Showcase your lists
- Looks like it’s a big area of development for the
- Now you need to go cleanse your lists 😂
New Pinterest Video tools
- An improved uploader: To seamlessly upload video directly to Pinterest.
- A video tab: To allow brands to feature all their videos in one place.
- Lifetime analytics: To get insights into the performance of a video over time.
- Pin scheduling: Businesses and creators can now also schedule video content in advance.
- Available to everyone in English speaking countries
New Instagram focus filters