Facebook location targeting for Ads has always been slightly flawed:
- In Ireland it won’t allow us to target by county so I’ve spent many an hour on Google maps drawing radiuses around towns to try to ensure that I’m getting at least most of the county with my ads.
- If I wanted to target people within a radius of a small town it was impossible, Facebook simply wouldn’t recognise some of the place names I gave them.
- I couldn’t easily see if I’d got my targeting right. I just had to hope my calculations and radiuses had hit the right spots.
The good news is that two of these problems have been fixed and the third, the ability to target counties has gotten a lot easier.
New Facebook location targeting features:
1. Show me a map of the area I’m targeting
2. Let me drop a pin instead of naming a location
3. Let me target people who ‘live in’, ‘recently visited’ or ‘are travelling’ in a specific location.
Watch this video to see how they work.
The drop pin function makes it easier for me to target a county within the Facebook interface, this could make my targeting more accurate in future.
Have you noticed these features? Will they make your Facebook advertising targeting more accurate?
Have you noticed any other changes in Facebook ads recently? I’d love to hear about your experiences below.
Get your Instant-Access Training Pass
Could you be getting more ROI from your digital marketing? Find out with instant access to my step-by-step training session.
Complete the form and I'll send you your free training pass.