You may remember a while ago that I reviewed Dan Zarrella’s book ‘The Science of Marketing’. I shared with you some of his insights on Twitter.
This weeks cool tool comes from Dan and Hubspot. ‘Retweetlab‘ offers some pretty cool stats on what is impacting the number of retweets that you get from your Twitter account.
Here’s how it works
Visit the Retweet Lab website www.retweetlab.com
Log in with Twitter and authorise the app
Straight away you will be given a selection of graphs analysis the retweets on your account
- Best day of the day to post
- Best time of the day to post
- Best tweet length
- Reading grade level that works best
- Sentiment that works best (positive and negative words)
- How capitalisation effect retweets
- The most retweetable words
- How hashtags effect retweets
- How quotations effect retweets
- How links effect retweets
- How calls to action effect retweets
- How questions effect retweets
It makes really interesting reading and although I wouldn’t stick by the results religiously there are some tips to pick up if you want more Retweets. I’m definitely going to be adjusting my strategy slightly in the future.