Have you noticed that some LinkedIn profiles have edited their websites to describe what they are (see below)? Changing your website titles on LinkedIn makes your links more clickable as well as adding to the SEO value of the link. If you are stuck with the default ‘company website’, ‘blog’ tags this tutorial is for you.
- Log in to LinkedIn
- Click ‘Profile’ on the top menu bar and choose ‘Edit profile’ from the drop down menu.
- Click ‘Contact Info’
- Click the pencil next to the ‘Websites’ section
- Choose ‘Other’ from the drop down menu on the left hand side of the website you want to edit
- A new box will appear with ‘Website Title’ written inside.
- Replace this text with a description of your website: e.g. Social Media for Business
- Type in the url of your website (including http://) in the box next to your description
- Click ‘Save’
Check your profile, your website description should now appear as a hot link on your profile page.
Thanks to Susanne McCabe from Totem.ie for suggesting this blog post. If you have a burning question about LinkedIn leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to answer it.
Master Social Media one day at a time with the We Teach Social Kindle book I co-authored.