When we think of Blogging we tend to think of tools such as Blogger and WordPress, some even think of Tumblr and Posterous but for many small businesses who have just become comfortable with Facebook pages the ‘Notes’ application makes a user friendly and simple solution. Although it lacks many of the features associated with the traditional blogging platforms it is a great way to get to grips with the concept of blogging before taking the plunge into a full blog site.
How do you blog on your Facebook business page with ‘Notes’?
– Underneath your logo on your business page click ‘edit page’
– Choose ‘Applications’ from the right hand side menu
– Scroll down until you see ‘Notes’
– Click ‘Go to application’
– At the top of the page click ‘Write a note’
– In the small box give your post a title, like a headline from a newspaper.
– In the larger box write the main content of your post.
– You can use the formatting pallet to style some of the text (bold, italic, bullet points etc.)
– If you have mentioned another Facebook user or page in the note you can tag them (you must ‘Like’ a page or be friends with a user in order to tag them)
– To tag type the @ symbol in the Tag box. followed by the name of the page or person you are tagging. Facebook will offer you options as you type.
– Finally you can add an image to your post.
– Click ‘Add photo’ this allows you to upload an image from your computer or choose from your Page’s images.
– Once you are happy with your note click ‘Publish’ at the bottom of the page.
If you have tried blogging with Facebook notes we’d love to hear about your experiences. And if you start blogging as a result of this post share the link with us. Let us know your thoughts and post your links in the comments box below.