This week we are going to share with you our three favorite Irish Facebook pages. All three of these inspire us to make our page better and we hope they will do the same for you. All three are also retail business pages, next month we will look at some great Facebook B2B pages.
1. Hairy Baby
My customers must be getting tired of me constantly referring them to Hairy Baby but it is a truly great and successful page.
What they do right
- Post interesting content that encourages interaction – Just for fun Polls & questions.
- Polls for market research. Hairy baby often ask their customers to collaborate on a new T-shirt idea. This makes users feel that they have some ownership of the brand and of course are more likely to buy the product when it is launched
- Not all business. Most of the hairy baby posts are not about selling T-shirts, they are aimed at encouraging interaction and it’s working judging by the number of comments they get.
- Accent. All Hairy Baby posts are written in an Irish accent which is genius! Their t-shirts are targeted at an Irish or ex-pat Irish market.
- Letting the customers have their say – The wall is set to allow posts from fans and the page. What better way to showcase what your customers are saying about you.
- Fun. Hairy Baby updates always make me smile!
Click here to Like the Hairy Baby Facebook page.
Another page that anyone who has seen me speak in the last year will have heard me talk about.
What they do right
- Aim content at their target market
- Invite participation – they encourage people to post pictures of their children wearing Puddleducks products onto their wall. This not only encourages interaction but also helps spread word about the page across Facebook.
- Giveaways – Monthly giveaways with the prizes always being relevant to their target market.
- Cross platform promotion – A recent childrens art competition was promoted through Facebook, Twitter, the Puddleducks blog and the Pix.ie photo sharing site.
- Not all business – lots of good links to other events and sites that would be of interest to families with small children.
- Letting customers have their say – look at the Puddleduck’s wall and you will see lots of great comments from customers.
- Fun- Splashing around in puddles is fun and this is a message that Puddleducks successfully promote. Again their updates make me smile.
Click here to Like the Puddleducks Facebook page.
3. Champion Sports
A familiar high street brand with an excellent Facebook presence.
What they do right
- Posting valuable content to their target market.
- Invite participation – They’re ‘Anyone but France‘ campaign has attracted 417 people to sign the ‘pledge’ so far. Again this spreads the word about Champion Sports across Facebook.
- Not all business – lots of good links to videos and content about sports fan with the odd special offer thrown in.
- Giveaways – in conjunction with their website they run competitions.
- Fun – The ABF campaign mentioned above and most recently a recreation of the Hunky Dory ads with a less trim model is enough to make you smile.
Click here to Like the Champion Sports Facebook page.
The four things that these pages have in common:
- Valuable content
- Encouraging interaction and participation
- Not all business
All great tips to bear in mind when planning your Facebook campaign.
Of course we think our Facebook page is pretty good too! You can Like Spiderworking.com on Facebook by clicking here.
Aedan from PuddleDucks here! Thanks a million for including our Facebook page in your list. Having the page allows us to personally engage and interact with customers and “fans”. And we absolutely love it when people post and interact back. And best of all – it’s fun!
Ken Kennedy says
Ken here from Champion Sports, thanks a lot for including Champion in your article, great to see we’re doing something right, it’s a lot of hard work but our fans are growing daily so we feel we’re communicating and engaging with our fans the way they want us to.
Dan Beere says
Very good post.
Great post Amanda, I’ve admired Puddleducks and Hairy Baby for a long time now, as well as spiderworking of course, but good to find out about Champion Sports too, off to check it out now.