I posted a few weeks ago about how Facebook users could hide updates from Farmville. It proved very popular! However if you are a user of Farmville or any of the ‘noisy’ applications it is possible to stop them updating your Facebook status and it’s very simple.
- Log into your Facebook account and click the ‘Account’ tab on the top right hand side of your page.
- From the drop down menu choose ‘Application Settings’.
- On the next screen scroll down until you find the offending application.
- Click ‘Edit settings’.
- From the pop up window select ‘Additional permissions’ and uncheck the box ‘Publish recent activity (one line stories) on my wall.
- Click ‘OK’ and updates from that application will no longer auto publish.