The average Facebook user has 130 friends, add to this fan and business pages and your news feed can begin to look a bit daunting.
Lists are a great way of filtering your friends and pages into categories, allowing you to view their news in seperate sections. You can use it to separate friends from work colleagues or to categorise your pages by type, for example restaurants or Irish Businesses.
How do you make a list?
- Log into Facebook and click the ‘Account’ tab on the top right hand side
- Select ‘Edit friends’ from the drop down menu.
- On the left hand side of the next page click the ‘All connections’ tab:
- Click ‘Create New List’:
- A window will open, here you can name your list and select which friends and pages to add to it.
- Once you have set up a list it is simple to add connections and pages to it. When the window is closed you can scroll down through your friends and use the drop down menu on the right hand side to choose which lists to add them to.
- Now go back to your home page. Click on ‘friends’ on the left hand side of your screen. Your lists will appear here. By clicking a list you will be able to see the updates just from those on the list.